We’re excited to announce AWS Serverless Workshop with AWS Serverless Heroes Dhaval Nagar and Prashanth HN to take you on a tour about Serverless Applications using AWS Services during this AWS Community Day India 2020
What is Serverless?
Serverless is the native architecture of the cloud that enables you to shift more of your operational responsibilities to AWS, increasing your agility and innovation. Serverless allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about servers. It eliminates infrastructure management tasks such as server or cluster provisioning, patching, operating system maintenance, and capacity provisioning. You can build them for nearly any type of application or backend service, and everything required to run and scale your application with high availability is handled for you.
Why use Serverless?
Serverless enables you to build modern applications with increased agility and lower total cost of ownership. Building Serverless applications means that your developers can focus on their core product instead of worrying about managing and operating servers or runtimes, either in the cloud or on-premises. This reduced overhead lets developers reclaim time and energy that can be spent on developing great products which scale and that are reliable.
You’ll gain experience with AWS services like Lex, Pinpoint, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, Amazon Connect, Serverless Framework. Below is a broad list of things covered in the workshop.
- Setup Lex Bot, Build, and Test
- Integrate Bot with Website hosted on S3 and test from Browser
- Integrate Bot with Pinpoint SMS and test from User Phone
- Integrate Bot with Amazon Connect and test using a Phone Call
Pre-requisites for the workshop
- Active Internet Connection
- Active AWS Account
- Basic understanding of AWS Services like IAM, S3, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- There will be a minimum charge as we will need to acquire SMS Long-code.